Every week High Position’s CRO/UX team analyse a website that has stood out from the crowd. We like websites that are easy to use and encompass innovative features to enhance and enrich user experience - this week Richard Price runs the rule over Qwertee. Winners of the prestigious CRO Site Of The Week award will receive something from the HP CRO Drawer. All winners will be notified by High Position Head of CRO, James Root via twitter: @RootToMarket. Nominations can also be tweeted so please share and get involved!
What does the site do?
Sells printed t shirts for an initial limited 24 hour period, based on designs referencing a range of pop culture from a variety of independent artists and designers.
What does the site say they do?
“When it comes to tee shirts here at Qwertee we offer “One Tee Shirt, One Day Only, One Incredible Price”. We work with some of the finest artists/designers in the world to bring you an amazing new design every day of the year.”
What does the site do well?
- Homepage very clearly advertises the main product with clear pricing and how to buy
- Prominent links underneath main products link to each artist’s catalogue of designs where users can vote for their favourites in the hopes they will be the next ones to be printed
- Unique use of a timer that tracks how long until a new daily design becomes available and when the current one expires. For reference this is at 11pm every day!
- Clear site navigation through drop down menus across the top of the home page
What else does the site do well?
- Encourages user interaction with an ongoing voting process and an active forum where users can discuss designs and even swap shirts if they have missed a previous design
- Very simple checkout process with all stages of the transaction clearly separated and no obligation to sign up to the website or make an account
- Excellent social integration with extremely active Facebook, Twitter, G+, Pinterest and Tumblr pages that further encourage user interaction through offers and competitions
What does the site not do so well?
- Big missed opportunity with the website’s blog. Considering the level of user interaction the site encourages, in the past two years there have only been two blog posts. Having lots of content here would help grow the brand and community even more - TEST IT!
- No easy way to browse through previous designs or filter new designs when voting - just a single page that you have to scroll through. Adding a way to refine your search on these pages by genre, date rage, artist or even colour would be helpful - TEST IT!
- Rather muted colour design with several shades of grey being the primary colours. Helps to highlight important information but might be more engaging in a more diverse colour scheme - TEST IT!
- Size and measurement guide is hidden away in the Help & FAQ section. Would be much more helpful if it were placed on the homepage alongside the shirts themselves - TEST IT!
Congratulations Qwertee your clean and simple design, easy checkout process and excellent social interaction make for a unique and engaging shopping experience. With CRO testing could you make your website even more engaging and get even more sales?
LIKE WHAT YOU’VE SEEN?
As the winner of this week’s CRO Site of the Week, you’ve won yourself some stuff from the CRO drawer - look out for a package in the post.