This week we ake a look at thewhitecompany.com. As ever, winners of this prestigious award will receive something from the HP CRO Drawer. All winners will be notified by High Position Head of CRO, James Root via twitter: @RootToMarket. Nominations can also be tweeted so please share and get involved!
The White Company
WHAT DOES THE SITE DO?
As the name suggests, this site offers an extensive range of bed linen, clothing, furniture and accessories for the home – the majority of which are white or subtle shades of. New products are added to the range regularly and visitors are encouraged to register for quick checkout and order tracking.
WHAT DOES THE SITE SAY THEY DO?
They are a company that specialise in “supplying stylish, white, designer quality items for the home” at affordable prices and with a customer-centred shopping experience.
WHAT DOES THE SITE DO WELL?
- Clean, clear (white) layout
- Clear navigation that successfully utilises drop-down menus for further options
- The black, white and grey colour scheme echoes the shades of the products on offer – nice branding
- Banner Image 1 – large CTA with an eye-catching image
- Banner Image 2 – contrasting “up to 50% off” in red stands out from the rest of the colour scheme
- Product pages show clear images, a descriptive title and a price
- Offers similar items that visitors might like to help complete the look
- Description offers full product specification as well as ideas for different ways in which you can use the product
WHAT ELSE DOES THE SITE DO WELL?
- Social media buttons to share products that the visitor likes (might work well for telling friends/family what you’d like for your birthday!)
- Product pages remind visitors that there is a gift voucher service if you just can’t choose
- Attractive gift wrapping/add personal message service
- Branded shopping bag image in the top right of the screen helps evoke a physical shopping experience
WHAT DOES THE SITE NOT DO WELL?
- The name of the company is certainly illustrative of what is on offer here, but there is no tag line - Add a description on the homepage explaining who The White Company are for new visitors – TEST IT!
- The “Similar Items” aren’t actually that similar… - Re-name the Similar Items section to continue the friendly shopping experience “Love this? Try these…” – TEST IT!
- The gift wrapping is an attractive service – however we’re not informed of the cost until we’ve ticked it - Make more of a feature of the service and be up front about how much it will cost – TEST IT
Tweet your CRO Site of the Week nominations to James – @RootToMarket. And remember: If you Test it; they will come!
Each winner receives some stuff from James’ drawer! #Win!